Friday, February 13, 2009

Clue #4: Left Ann Arbor for Kansas City

  • On May 9, 2006, the Ulterior Epicure said that "my time in the little town of Ann Arbor has finally come to an end. Tomorrow, I pack up and head out to the big shiny Bay and lush Valley that is my next food adventure."
  • The reference to his "next food adventure" involved a brief trip, not an ultimate destination, as the Ulterior Epicure wrote on May 30, 2006, "I’m back in K.C. after a whirlwind tour of San Francisco and Napa Valley (will report later) and have waded through boxes upon boxes of why-did-I-bother-to-pack-this-and-ship-it-back-home-crap." ("Back in K.C." indicates he had lived in Kansas City some time before his years at the University of Michigan Law School.)
  • In a June 19, 2006, post on his blog, the Ulterior Epicure wrote, "My latest spell of silence on this blog and eGullet (for those who read) has been due to a time-sensitive undertaking. What spare time I’ve had, between work, and other *necessities of life* have been devoted to my latest pet project - a vegetable garden." The foremost "time-sensitive undertaking" for a recent law school graduate is studying for the bar exam, administered in the last week of July in both Missouri and Kansas.
  • That was the Ulterior Epicure's last blog post until on July 31, 2006, after taking the bar exam, he wrote: "Sorry for my absence, I’ve had a helluva run with life in the past two months. But, on to bigger and better things, like EATING!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment